There are often a million things I want to do. Okay, perhaps not that many.... But it can feel like it.
Here are a list of things I'd like to learn how to do.
- Become an amazing coach
- Write a story that helps, heals, and inspires others
- Learn Reason 6 and start writing music again
- Have one of my songs play on the radio and be sold on iTunes/Amazon
- Learn the Adobe Creative Suite
- Start a design studio where I help people's creative dreams come to life
- Start producing art again
- Have an art show
- Publish articles and/or be featured in a magazine
- Have my own business
- Connect with other creative, innovative, and inspiring people
Where do I start? Which one do I pick? How do I even begin?
We all have this mental backpack of thoughts and past experiences that we often rely upon to guide us in our next steps. While this is useful if we want to do something we've done before, say make a grilled cheese sandwich (or in my case a vegan better than grilled cheese sandwich), it's not particulary useful to use old maps when exploring new territory.
Instead of looking to see what other people have done, we need to ask ourselves
what do I think?
what do I want to do next?
what small step can I take right now to get me started?
So the challenge I give to you and I give to myself is to start small.
and start now.
The power of momentum will carry you to new lands of self-exploration and accomplishment. Better still your self-esteem will soar.
What will you start now?