With consumerism on the rampage, it's easy to forget all the other wonderful gifts we receive each and every day. These gifts do not come wrapped, but are bestowed upon us in numerous ways. When we acknowledge these gifts, we open our eyes to the abundance of the world. What gifts have you been given?
Here are some that may come to mind.
- The person who let you cut into the lane when traffic was heavy.
- The man who smiled at you when you were feeling down.
- The baby that stared into your eyes.
- The woman who gave you an extra coupon at the store.
- The man who held open the door for you.
- The compliment you received on your outfit.
There are others gifts we don't even realize we have. Clean water. Heat. Enough food to eat. Good friends. A stable job. A reliable vehicle.
We are surrounded by so many blessings, but it's easy to forget when we move so quickly in our lives. Stop a moment today and notice what gifts you have received be they wrapped or not.